Monday, February 18, 2008

Hurry up and wait

So, last week, I got some great news! I can apply to UCI's Undergraduate Nursing Program with a minimum of repeat work! The even better news is that since I will be going for my second bachelor's degree, they are going to allow me to still apply for FALL 2008! Which means I might be back in school (and finsihing) sooner than I thought! So I have to get my application submitted (which includes a personal statement that I am now agonizing over), and have to complete the FAFSA to see if I get any Federal aid. It's seriously scary, and exhilarating all at the same time. I'm sure I'll get over all the excitement soon, because I won't find out if I've been accepted until mid to late April. At least I have some hope for my new career.

In the meantime, I have been running! Did 5K in 41:17 on Thursday, and then ran 1.8 Miles in 24.28 on Saturday, so doing good on my 13ish mph pace. Maybe in another month, I'll be doing a 12 mile pace. Nothing like making progress! I LOVE my Garmin - it really helps keep me motivated and I really like being able to get instant and overall feedback. I haven't loaded the training software onto the computer yet, but I'll get to it.

The last important thing was the five year milestone of life with my H. We have only been married 5 months, but met five years ago on V-day. Still going strong! He drives me crazy, but I knew that before I married him. I work really hard at driving him nuts right back, which is probably why our marriage works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!