Saturday, March 29, 2008

First day back in training

Ankle has been feeling pretty good (some muscle fatigue, but that's to be expected) so I thought I would go out for a run today. I actually did pretty good considering I haven't run hardly at all in almost a month! So....

I did a 2.93 mile run/walk in 38:16, which averages to a 13:03 mile pace. Not too bad! My running intervals were 10 - 11 minute mile pace, and my walking intervals were 16 -18 minute mile pace. I did a 10 minute cool down at a 19 minute mile pace which slowed down my overall pace, but I still think I did pretty well! I love my Garmin. Talk about detailed workout stats!

Funny, my foot/ankle is a little tired, but I felt more pain in my knees and hip flexors. Just reiterates I am OUT OF SHAPE again. Poop. I strecthed them all out really well and will probably need a day or two of rest.

But I am HAPPY to be back RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for running again!

    Signed,
    Uber lazy Nanette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!