Monday, March 17, 2008

(Tell my why) I don't like Mondays

Just like the Boomtown Rats, Mondays put me in a funk.

I am still anxiously awaiting my acceptance or rejection from school. I shouldn't expect anything for another couple of weeks, but I can't help it. I don't want to make any changes until I know what is going to happen. It's nerve-wracking. Which brings me to my next worry...

If I do get into school, how the heck am I going to pay for it and how are H and I going to make ends meet? I know I'm not getting any younger so the sooner I can get through school, the better. But I know if we had the rest of this year to get our finances in order, the better I would feel about everything. The recession is freaking me out too. H and I have a considerable amount of debt between us - his because he is not very money savvy and me because I ended up putting a lot of the wedding expenses on my credit cards. I wish we had gone to the courthouse. I originally wanted to just go to Vegas, but DH vetoed. So I can blame him, right? We are now diligently paying everything off, but it takes time. Unless we win the lottery of course. Fat chance of that happening! And the economy is slowing....

This makes me nervous as well. Especially since my townhome has dropped in price by almost $200K, and is probably worth less than what I paid for it four years ago. I have no options but to stay and wait it out. And since we currently live paycheck to paycheck while we pay off the debt, I am worried about either of us getting laid off. Yet another reason why going back to school might be the best thing overall. My job is not recession proof, but hopefully my future job will be.

On top of all of this, I am still sidelined from my 1/2 marathon training. Sooooo jealous of all the girls who are progressing with their training. I feel like I'm going to be left behind. Sad. I did go to the doctor last week, and he basically told me nothing. Nothing on the x-rays, I just need to rest it until it stops hurting. WTF? I WALK on it every day. That is screwing me up mentally too - I haven't had this much time out of the gym in well over a year. And why is it now that I am not working out, I want to eat way more than normal? I swear, I'm going to be 300 freaking pounds by the time my foot heals. In fact, I would be willing to make a bet that my ankle doesn't feel 100% for months. *&#$%#%*!

Oh well - Happy St. Patty's Day. Go drink a green beer, a black and tan, a Guinness or maybe some good old Irish whisky and think good thoughts! I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!