Monday, April 14, 2008

MS Fighter Squadron



I had the most awesome experience this last weekend walking a 10K to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis research. Our team walked in honor of Chris Windisch - he is an amazing person who I had the pleasure of meeting this weekend. Our team outfits were based on camo and jets since Chris was a fighter pilot! It was very warm in Agoura Hills/Westlake Village, and I felt like I was burning up more than once, but it was a GREAT experience, which I will more definitely do again!

These are our awesome banners!

The whole team!











Chris holding our "Best Dressed" trophy! It must have been those fighter jets on pipe cleaners buzzing around our camo print hats!








Saying a few words before the walk. Very emotional!





And we're off!

I did run some of it (maybe a mile out of the 6.45 I ended up walking/running. Almost done... last water station!

The finish

Chris himself met me at the finish line and put my medal on for me - I felt so honored!!!!

Chris and his family were so supportive of our efforts, but it was truly my pleasure to walk in his honor to raise funds for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. He is the epitome of courageous and is a wonderful human being. If you want to help find a cure for MS, please donate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!