Monday, June 23, 2008

Seriously????

I don't even know where to start. I apologize for two crappy mood posts in a row. The powers that be have hired me a new boss. Of course, they can't be bothered to tell me, even though I was up for the promotion. The kicker is they hired my EX Maid of Honor. Yes, I said EX. She quit on me about 5 months before the wedding, of course after I had already ordered her dress. I still have the email. Yes, I said EMAIL. She didn't even have the decency to call me, much less break the news to me over a glass of wine.

Despite all of this, I have gotten over it. I don't know that we will ever be great friends again - apparently we weren't great friends to begin with, although that was a bit of a suprise to me. Anyway, how did I hear about this? We were trying to patch up the friendship, over a year later, and she breaks out with this over drinks. I wasn't sure how I felt about it right away, but now I am having some major doubts. I don't know that I can approach this with a good attitude. Probably the worst part is that she doesn't have much more experience than I do - I figure we are about equal as far as capability goes, and I was told I was going to get a boss that would be able to help guide and develop me professionally. I don't really see that happening. Honestly, there are only two things that would give her much of an edge professionally. The first is that she knows the V.P. of Sales MUCH better than I do. The second is that she is single - no husband at home and no imminent chance of children. Of course, that's illegal, right?

And in the meantime, here I am, doing the boss's job, for the same pay, higher goals, less chance to bonus, and of course the cost of everything is going up. I can't say I am a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!