Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

And Happy Hanukkah for my Jewish friends. I used to love Christmas. I guess I still do deep down inside, but working my ass off kinda ruins it for me. I am so looking forward to a job where I have a little time off during the holidays.

Well, for this Christmas, the fourth one I have to spend without my mommie (because she lives too far away), we are going to have a slumber party at my IL's - cold cuts and salads, drinking, movies and/or games, and then our tamales in the morning. And them we are off to favorite aunt, uncle and cousin's for a couple days.

I am a little sad we won't have any time by ourselves. I'm also a bit uncomfortable to open gifts in front of IL's - maybe because I don't know how much money H has spent on me. I spent a good amount on him too, but I did resist getting the Xbox, mostly because we would need either a new receiver to handle the inputs from the Xbox, Wii, and DVD player, or a new TV so we can move my Wii into the office. Maybe we'll get some gift cards for Christmas to put towards more stuff we really want, but really don't need.

Well, I do want to take a moment to reflect on the things that I am grateful for. I have wonderful family and amazing friends. H and I both have jobs and our health. We have a home. We have two wonderful dogs that love us unconditionally. Life is, for the most part, good.

I wanted to post a youtube of my favorite Christmas song, but I couldn't find it. If you ever have a chance to hear John Prine's "Silent Night All Day Long" please do. And think of me. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!