Thursday, January 15, 2009

15 minutes at a time

I have to give myself the gift of patience. This cleaning and organizing is really taking its time. It can't happen overnight, right? Like losing weight, slow and steady wins the race. I have told myself that I will do a little every day, and hopefully, slowly, my home will start looking better.

I posted the weekly cleaning checklist on the fridge on Monday and told H that he should feel free to look at it when he's got a few moments and complete a task (or a few). He hasn't done it yet, but I'm still hopefull. We also haven't finished our daily tasks, but I'm still hopeful. One day, it will stick, right? I mean, it's only the first week!

Anyway, my tip of the day is to keep a trash can in every room so that you are encouraged to toss things immediately instead of letting them pile up, thereby eliminating the clutter. I did a lot of cleaning and tossing and organizing last night while watching "House" on my DVR. Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you! It was a huge step for me to be able to toss a lot of things. But honestly once you've adequately decluttered, it is SO MUCH EASIER to keep things neat and organized. It's really embarrassing how much we are getting off on this organizing and cleaning kick, but I'm glad I have you doing it with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!