Tuesday, January 27, 2009

H is getting laid off

His last day is Friday. I am combination of scared and jealous. This means I am stuck at my job for a bit longer, which blows huge chunks. We have stopped trying to snowball and are now just covering the minimum payments. I am also already getting angry and impatient with him because he has yet to start on his resume. he promises me it will be done by the end of the week.

In the meantime, my work life is pretty much just as miserable as always, especially now that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Both promising jobs fell through, and now with H's layoff, I'm not comfortable with changing jobs at this point. I'm still keeping my eyes open, but the chances of me finding something that pays about the same or better that I feel comfortable enough to go to seem pretty slim.

Even worse is that I am in the same situation now that I was a year ago with a boss that I don't trust. I don't know what my market segments are, and I seem to get all the really low budget events. To make matters worse, all the social events that I spent the last 4 months booking are now being given to the new sales manager. Did I mention that person isn't out of training yet, so I am STILL working on them? Even after my name has been taken off. And I just had to turn away a repeat client that spends a pretty penny because my boss took the day already. Well, if I was given this client that I'm not even allowed to book, why wouldn't I have gotten the other client? They are the same market segment. It doesn't make any sense, and I still feel like I am getting the shaft. Once all my sales are taken away, I will pretty much have nothing on the books, making my security here something of a joke. I certainly don't feel like I can bring any of this up. I guess we see what is said in my review. I am certainly not motivated right now.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this :(
    Best of luck, to you, and your H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this is such a tough time financially. So cliche, but let's be grateful for the positive here, which is that they are giving him more than what a lot of companies are giving the employees they are letting go. My hope for you guys is that he finds something before his pay is up. In the meantime, crack that whip so he gets on the resume and sign his asss up for Fieldwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!