Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm going to have my ass handed to me

On February 1.

I'm not really freaked out, because I have run a half before. But there will be no PR this time around. Life is getting in the way. Maybe I shouldn't let it - if I were a real runner, I would run no matter what, right? Well, I set out for my 10 miles yesterday.... and quickly realized this would be a major undertaking. Maybe it was the heat... the dryness... and the wind. My throat burned, my nostrils hurt, my skin felt like it was going to flake off, and the sun was setting. UGH. I wanted to quit 12 minutes in. I literally looked at my watch and though "how much longer?" and I had been running for all of 12 minutes. WTF.

Well, I cut my run short, and I walked a good amount - maybe more than I should have. I did about six miles. This coming weekend I was going to go for 14, but maybe that will be cut down to 12, or maybe even 10. And then taper quite a bit for the two weeks before the race.

Maybe the adrenaline will kick in. Or maybe not. As long as I'm not last, I will be happy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I can't bear running in this wind. I just want to finish the race now being last would be okay with me :-) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrenaline has an awesome way of kicking in when you need it. I have faith you won't be last. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will do fine. We all have those bad runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so not jealous of your right now. I'm sure come this summer though, I'll be trying to rally up the runners again.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!