Tuesday, January 27, 2009

RE Appt #1 = FAIL.

What can I really say? I went in because my current health coverage will pay for the diagnostic tests, and I figured we should at least know now if there is a problem while we have the insurance coverage. Our insurance does NOT coverage any fertility treatment, and I think that includes drugs. Considering I would rather spend the money adopting than paying OOP for drugs I don't even really want to take, I was going to draw the line at testing, and then take some time to think about the results, whatever they are.

I found reviews online about a couple different doctors, and I chose the one that was most convenient to both H and I, and made the initial appointment.

The doctor didn't really care about my charts, or my cycle history. He said that since my cycles were 26-31 days, he felt that was fine, even though my LP seems to change and I have a lot of spotting. He talked about Clomid, and then when H expressed his fear of multiples and I expressed my desire to not go on any drugs until I have had the testing, he told he wouldn't bother with Clomid anyway, he would go right into injectibles. WTF? He says the success rate of Clomid is too low.

H liked him because he joked a lot. I thought he was insulting. Anyway, at the end of the appointment he told me to keep trying for 2-3 more months, and then when I was "ready to get pregnant" to come in and let him do his job.

Now that I think of it, all the reviews online were posted by husbands. Figures.

So, now I guess I am on to RE #2 and hope she is a doctor that is on the same page as I am.

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... what an ass. Hope #2 is the polar opposite of this loser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys went in, I think it's better knowing what's going on. too. I hope the next dr is a better fit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!