Friday, February 27, 2009

Tonight I feel

Totally and completely inadequate. We spent the evening with my IL's and they spent a good amount of time talking about H's brother and his wife. My SIL. The tall blonde one with a great tan. The one that eats and drinks everything, doesn't work out, but is still thin. The one with a fab job and makes over three times as much as I do. The one that is now pregnant.

I really do feel lost and unhappy. I don't want to spend any more time with them because it just makes me feel worse. I don't understand why life is such that I see my IL's at least once a month, and my mother lives 1000 miles away.

I feel like I can't do anything right. I can't find a successful job. I can't get pregnant. I struggle to lose weight. H doesn't understand. I don't understand myself. Bitter, party of one.

4 comments:

  1. I, too, am the inferior daughter-in-law, at least in my father-in-law's eyes.

    I don't think I'm inferior, though. And you aren't either.

    I take heart in the fact that I'm smarter and funnier than SIL. I have no doubt that you are, as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I don't think you're inferior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are feeling this way :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of my SILs have the type of effortlessly thin bodies that I haven't seen in my own mirror since junior high, so I can understand some of your frustration.

    But I know that I have other talents to bring to the table. No doubt that you do as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!