Monday, March 23, 2009

Germany FAIL

I tried to go to Germany yesterday morning, but ended up in San Francisco. Some of you understand, but for those who don't:

I had started going to the gym on the weekends, and a friend of mine invited me to her regular workout of 24SET at the gym by my house. So the first time I went with her, we had a different instructor than she had ever had. A TOUGH instructor. Marcia is a German woman with a love of Latin music and enough energy to power a small city block. I was dying about 10 minutes into the hour class, but it was awesome and I felt totally accomplished afterward. It made my Tuesday morning 24SET look like a cakewalk.

Marcia taught again the following Saturday and before that class we found out she taught at a "nearby" club on Sunday mornings. When I say "nearby" I mean about 5 miles further than the local gym. I have been meaning to go see her on Sundays, but with the time change and getting sick, I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed until this weekend. I get up, perky and ready, get to the club and I am excited for a tough workout.

Well, there was no Marcia. Someone else was teaching the class. A tall, thin man with a strong feminine side and excitement indicative of a new instructor. He was just okay. Since 24SET is a step class with weights, you would hope for someone with some step experience. However, his transitions were rough. Not intuitive, jerky, and just overall bad. I spent most of my time trying to figure out what weird step combination he apparently made up himself. I pushed myself though by giving myself two risers and heavy weights, which helped make up for it.

Let this be a lesson to me. Next time, I should check the schedule in advance and make sure it's Germany and no where else the next time I drag my butt 7 miles away for a class.

2 comments:

  1. Did he make a lot of jokes?? I think I've had him before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he was trying to make jokes, but they weren't funny :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!