Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Margarita happiness and HH awesomeness

Last week was Happy Hour Week in the OC, and I had a busy week at work so I had no time to participate. That is, until the weekend came! Fortunately for me many of the locations were still doing Happy Hour all day on SATURDAY! So Saturday afternoon, H and I made our way to Laguna Beach's El Callejon!

I had no idea what or where El Callejon was, but H had seen it before and knew it was in the old Javier's location. Thank goodness, because if it wasn't for his persistence, I would have never enjoyed the wonder that is El Callejon.

The margaritas are the SHIT, people. I haven't had a Margarita this good since we were in Cabo last year. Lime juice and tequila - that's all you need. Traditional, the way it should be! I don't like the Margaritas too sweet though, so if you like that syrupy mix, go elsewhere. And they were $3.75 each. Yes, you read that right.

We also tried some of their food offerings (the ones on the HH menu in the cantina, and yes, if I were a good food blogger I would have had my camera and have taken pictures. But I'm not, so I didn't.

The salsa was delicious, and they served both a fresh red salsa as well as salsa verde. The Al Pastor Tacos were nice and spicy with great flavor and served with pineapple - YUM. They also came in chicken as well as pork. I only tried the pork, but I'm sure the chicken was good too. Those were $1.25 each. We also tried the Red Snapper Ceviche - delicious and rich, served with the traditional saltines, but was even better on the Tortilla chips. H got a shrimp cocktail as well - flavors were good but I have an aversion to shrimp so I only tried a couple bites.

We sucked down many margaritas (five, maybe six between us?), ate our weight in chips, salsa, Al Pastor tacos, and Mariscos, and our bill was like $36. Of course, now that Happy Hour week is over, the prices are now up, and to get the HH pricing, you have to be there between 3:00 and 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday. So I either get a new job, or I can't go for HH again until I call in sick. We did look at their dinner menu as well, and it looked REALLY good. I can't wait to go there again!

Of course, I also kinda blew the diet that day. ::cries:: As of Monday I was negative 21 points, which means to stay on track with Weight Watchers, I would have burn 2100 calories through exercise before the end of day on Wednesday. Well, so far I have burned 1100, so only 1000 more to go! LOL I am going for a run tonight, so I hope to have done this, and I am also hoping for at least another pound of weight loss to I will hit my 5% weight loss goal on Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I love margaritas.... now I want to have one (or two) badly... thanks. And for that price? I think I would get in trouble lol
    Enjoy your run =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to put it on my list of places to try!

    oh, and as for 1000 calories, isnt that only 10 miles or so? You can do that no problem! ;-) (oh, and I'm only half joking hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But...but...you have a rad camera now! No excuse for no pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those margs sound worth every minute of it.
    Sometimes, you just need to indulge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!