Thursday, April 16, 2009

WW Weigh in, Week 11

I can't believe it's been 11 weeks already. And it's kinda sad that I am not even losing a pound a week. It feels like it's taking forever. ::sigh::

Previous Weight: 172.8
Current Weight: 171.4
Lost this week: 1.4
Total lost: 8.0

Not bad, but I wonder if I can really keep this going. Which brings me to my next weight loss topic that I started thinking about when I was watching the Biggest Loser this week: I don't really like healthy food. Ok, well, that's not exactly true - I love so many things that are healthy, all kinds of fruits and veggies, olive oil, fish, nuts, oatmeal. But I also like tortillas, cheese, cream, french fries, bread and the like. I don't know that I will ever get to the point where I don't like these foods any more. I'm sure I would lose weight a lot faster if I didn't eat these things.

I'm sure I would also lose weight faster if I didn't enjoy the FULL feeling. Satisfied just doesn't cut it for me. I have tried to counteract this with drinking a glass of milk before every dinner and making sure I always get two helpings of salad before I go for a second helping of anything else. But I still struggle. Coming up this weekend is my monthly celebrated El Torito Brunch with the 606 Mafia. I will have to plan this calculated binge carefully to stay on track.

All I know is when I get to my goal weight, I will have to continue to work out like a madwoman and still count 80% of the time to stay on target. I really hope that I can get there on WW because I would really like to become lifetime. I know I am going to need that kind of commitment and support to stay at my goal for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely still love most of the foods, too. I just try to eat them more in moderation, and run an extra mile after a bunch of it.

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITA with Angie - you can still have those things, just in moderation! And that'll make you want to put in extra effort at your next workout. PS - I think your weightloss progress has been great so far, don't be down on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not down on myself - I just hate feeling deprived for less than a pound a week. Oh well, I just keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as fit feels. And someday I might believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!