Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A little lapse of motivation

I was seriously having a funk day yesterday. I think a lot of it has to do with my birthday. I hate having to plan my own birthday, because inevitably whatever I want to do will get vetoed because we are too concerned with other people. This year, I just wanted to go to El Callejon and get drunk on their bitchin' margaritas. However, that was out because H's family sucks and we can't go anywhere if we have to haggle over a bill after the fact. At that point, I just said I didn't care, and suggested a couple of places that have counter ordering (Wahoo's, Pat and Oscar's, etc.) but I was still bummed out because I wasn't going to get to do what I really wanted to do.

I finally just came out and told H that it really sucked that I was being forced to spend my birthday with my IL's that are such bitches about paying their share of the bill. So we are not sending an evite. I'm not even sure if we are doing anything, but I can tell you I am supremely thrilled because that is a huge weight off my shoulders. Maybe I can still talk H into margies after work ;o)

Now that I have covered this, I have to consider my weight loss motivation. I have not counted points since Friday, and I am unsure I will the rest of this week. I slept through my run this morning. I don't even know if I want to weigh in Thursday. I know I should. I'm not expecting a good number. I can't even talk myself into being motivated, you know? Meh. I am NOT a good role model today, that's for sure!

3 comments:

  1. Yay to no ILs on your birthday!

    Personally I believe birthday week = a free pass for the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to not having to go with your inlaws. They sound like a pain!

    I hope you treat yourself to mexican with out them!! And don't worry about the lack of motivation, it happens to us all at some point. Just go weigh in, and move on. Next week is a new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you definitely deserve your margs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!