Thursday, June 25, 2009

Superstition

I am a little superstitious. I hesitate to bank on good things because hope is fleeting and I feel like the universe punishes those who takes good fortune for granted. I am the first person to say "knock on wood" and I sometimes I wait to say congratulations, for fear that my well wishes will cause a ripple in the universe. Sometimes I think the only thing I can do is keep my fingers crossed and send out good (and sometimes pleading) vibes, asking for the world's mercy.

Right now is one of those times. I'm not sure I will be able to relax for a couple friends until they get their first ultrasounds that show strong heartbeats. That's just the way I am. Here's to hope, superstition, and the universe being kind this time around.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!