Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wahoo's Fundraiser and some TnT Updates!

Things are moving along nicely! We did a five mile run yesterday as a team, and then I ran 11 miles today to keep fit for my half marathon at the end of July. Also, including some checks I still need to send to LLS, I am pretty much at $2000!!! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! I have more fun stuff planned, including an art show or two, a couple more restaurant fundraisers, and maybe a wine party (or two). I am also thinking about having a bake sale, although I don't know who I would sell the goods to, since my office is so stinking small.

Today was the first day of my Wahoo's Fundraiser, and I showed up early to solicit some donations for a raffle at a future event. Well, I dropped off some letters and I got a bunch of business cards to contact, but the real hero today was Wingnuts! I spoke to the manager for two seconds, and she immediately went to get me a $25 gift card. Wingnuts is a pretty good place, especially if you like wings. They have a whole list of flavors ranging from mild to nuclear. They also have good salads, and a buffalo chicken wrap that is super tasty. Yay for Wingnuts!!



Next, it was off to Wahoo's







The $1.85 beer of the month was Corona Light - score!



Yummy fish tacos



The best part of the afternoon was catching up with my friend Starlily. I haven't seen her in a couple months, and haven't had much chance to talk in even longer. She drove quite a ways to see me and support the fundraiser, and I really appreciate it. Thanks!!!



I am really hoping this fundraiser pulls through - I passed out a bunch of flyers, but you never know how many are going to come back. Two more days, so if you have the chance to go, please bring this flyer with you! I figure if I can get 100 people with an average spend of $10 per person, that's $200! And I would not be dissapointed with that. GO TEAM!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'll have to remember to send the hubs up there and pick us up some carry out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome about Wingnuts!
    You are doing such an impressive job with this fudraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, it was so good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the fundraising! I'm so impressed, and your half marathon is just around the corner. Great work!
    ~katt3233

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!