Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Balancing Stress and Dieting

So, after a couple weeks of birthday and vacation indulgences, I think I am a good 5-6 pounds heavier this week than I was last week. I keep waiting for the water weight to shed, but it's not. And unfortunately, my life is not exactly conducive to weight loss these days.

I don't want to get into it too much, as I have been way too much of a pity party these days, but all I want to do is crawl into bed with a huge bowl of mac and cheese and a bottle of Cabernet. Not helpful for the whole weight watchers goal, huh? So far I am resisting the urge. Knowing I am going to have to weigh in tomorrow and the shame that goes with gaining a shit ton of weight in two weeks is keeping me on track.

But just barely. I know I care, but I don't feel like I care right now. I didn't feel like I cared last week. I know others go through this - so how do you get past it? Do I need to finish out one more pity week? I was so hoping that my weight would be back down to about what I was before the pigout fest began, but I don't think that is going to happen.

All I do know is that I need to weigh in tomorrow, come hell or high water. I need to face my fears and start fresh, because two pounds turn into four, or in my case, twenty.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. It seems like every weekend there is come event that requires us to go out/eat out, which inevitably leads to a disastrous week. All you can do is wake up the next day and say, "today I'm going to be better than yesterday." At the end of the day, weight loss, is just a bitch to deal with. Chin up. Weigh in, and make the decision to be good tomorrow. Don't give yourself permission to have another "bad" week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's tough man, but don't be so hard on yourself. i allow myself the occasional pity party, i think sometimes you just need to. my two bffs don't believe in them so i'm surrounded by women that are all "get off your butt and do something" that helps me a lot. sometimes though i don't want to hear it, so i just give myself a day or two and i do things that make me feel better - read, watch lifetime movies, whatever - and then i push myself to snap out of it. what helps me through those bad ww days is that idea of the next day when you can start fresh. just get back on the horse. you can do it, look how far you've already come. good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!