Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's the Little Things

That tell so much. One big thing for me is airport protocol. My family ALWAYS parks the car and waits for us to arrive right outside of security. No matter what. And H's family does not. H has adopted this as well. I have gotten used to it, and maybe some of it is because my family is always picking us up for a visit, and his family is picking us up when we get home. But back when I did live near my family, they still parked the car and waited for me.

Maybe I read too much into it, but it means something to me. It doesn't matter how loving and mushy you are on the surface, it is the little things, the small gestures that truly show your affection for a person. Yet another reason why it kills me to have to live so close to my IL's when I only get to see my family a few times a year at most.

3 comments:

  1. We almost never park the car. :-/ On some very special occasions, I'll park the car, but otherwise, we're just too cheap to pay for parking.

    But I totally agree with you, it's nice to have someone standing there in baggage claim waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Although no one in my family or DH's family seems to realize this. And now that I'm thinking about it, I usually do the same thing. Hum...

    The only person who consistently waits for us at security is DH's cousin who we stay at when we go to visit his extended family in KY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the same time dude your husband can't read your mind. You need to tell him the things you find endearing and important and next time I bet he'd wait for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!