Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
For more information, visit The Day Zero Project
I am starting my 101 things on September 1, 2009. My final goal date is Tuesday, May 29, 2012. I will be pushing 39 years old. I sure as hell hope this list is complete and error free. I am pretty much sick of looking at it.
UPDATE, May 11, 2012: Well, I didn't quite finish, but I'm not giving up. I have decided to give myself until September 30, 2013 and I have adjusted some of my goals to make them more realistic as well as reflect my current lifestyle, since it has changed so dramatically.
In progress tasks will look like this.
Health and Fitness
4. Become a Marathon Maniac
5. Complete the 100 pushup challenge
6. Complete a round of Body For Life workouts
9. Try Stand Up Paddleboarding
12. Break a 5 hour marathon
Family and Friends
14. Visit my Grandmother's grave site
15. Visit my Grandfather's grave site
20. Snowboard a powder day with my husband
25. Get a couple's massage with my husband
27. Compile a family recipe book
28. I have no idea what was here!
32. Pay for the next person's order
33. Donate $5 to charity for every goal I don't attain on this list
35. Work in a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving
37. Send a care package to a soldier through anysoldier.com
43. No idea what was here!
Money and Finances
44. Pay off all credit card debt
Travel and Experiences
48. See the Grand Canyon
49. Float the Owens again
52. Go white water rafting
53. Do an overnight hiking trip to Iva Bell
57. Go to Magic Mountain
58. Visit Legoland
59. Wallow in the mud at Glen Ivy
60. Hike to Mono Pass
62. Visit Hearst Castle
63. Eat at a place featured in "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives"
64. Take H to Catalina
66. Attend the Gilroy Garlic Festival
67. Go to Yosemite
69. Go fishing
71. Kayak Mono Lake
72. Hike to Spark Plug Mine
76. Write a short story
77. Learn the fundamentals of Photography
78. Work a gig as a photography assistant
79. Print and frame one of my own photos
80. Get a photograph into an art show
81. Upload a photo to iStockphoto.com
82. Do a Project 365
85. Learn to crochet
86. Knit a pair of boot socks for the winter
87. Enter a recipe contest
88. Perfect my handmade pasta recipe
89. Be able to define all 100 words every high school graduate should know
90. Read 10 unread books from the Banned Books List (0/10)
91. Enter something into a Local Fair
92. See every movie on AFI's 100 years...100 movies list (42/100)
100. Perfect my trout recipe
101. Make my next 101 list