Monday, September 14, 2009

Green Smoothies, WW Style

So today I made a green smoothie! Here is my leader's recipe:

3/4 cup water
1 apple, cored but NOT peeled
1/2 banana
some peeled ginger
2 celery stalks
1/2 peeled cucumber
1 handful of parsley
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 Weight Watchers Lime Yogurt

3 points, 1 dairy and all your fruits and veggies for the day!

I liked that one, but I decided I wanted to try something with strawberries and basil!

So here are the ingredients I assembled:



3/4 cup water
One apple, cored but not peeled
1 package of strawberries, with the stems removed
1/2 cucumber, peeled
2 celery stalks
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 large handful of basil leaves
Lemon juice

I cut the apple and cucumber into smaller pieces and blended them up with the water before adding the leafy veggies, and then used the celery to push the leafy stuff down into the mix.

As you can see, it doesn't look very appetizing.



Especially in a glass!



But this was approximately two points, was very filling, and did provide all my fruits and veggies for the day! yay! I thought it tasted pretty good. I might not add as much basil next time, or at least make sure my strawberries are riper. I might even add a dash of balsamic next time as well. :) Go green!

3 comments:

  1. You are so hard core, I love it!! Looks kinda scary, but I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally trying it! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!