Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Aging (not so) Gracefully

Over the weekend, one of our mirrored closet doors lost it's wheel. H was great about getting it fixed, but I had to hold it up while he worked. So I spent about 20 minutes staring at my face from about 6 inches away. Wow - I never realized how old my skin was getting.

It's a sobering thing, staring at your face so closely for so long. I guess I haven't looked at it in a while. I have crow's feet. And my upper eyelids are sagging a little. I guess I need to start up an anti-aging regimen. My gentle cleaner and simple moisturizer aren't going to fix what's already wrong! Plus I have been on the teenager program since running is giving me acne worse than what I had in Jr. High. :/

I guess my shock is because I still feel young. I thought I still looked young. And I probably do, but for how long now that the years have started to take their toll? I already have more gray hair that I care to admit. If it wasn't for those natural "highlights" I would have dyed my hair dark for the winter! But I don't want to be that person that has white roots and dark ends, so I stay in the Blonde range.

I guess I better start researching the miracle wrinkle reducers. Olay Eye Pods anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Pssh.. you look really young. You're trippin', homie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a very blunt & honest person when it comes to stuff like this. Not only do you look young, but you are beautiful and in a hell of a lot better shape than me. Sorry, but I have to agree with the homie Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would you study your face that close for a long time? I'd go beserk! I think you look and act younger than you are. I've noticed that running and WW have done really great things for you inside and out. I'm very proud, and you should be too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!