Monday, November 23, 2009

Pass the Zoloft

Seriously, any more posts like this and you guys are going to organize an intervention. Regardless, it's Thanksgiving week and I am trying to find things to be thankful for. I seemed like every time I thought of something, I followed it by a "BUT..."

The good news is I really did end up thinking of things I can be thankful for without minimizing my thankfulness. Does that make sense?

Here are the things that can remain "butless":

I am thankful for my awesome friends
I am thankful for my sweet puppies that make me happy every day
I am thankful that my friends and family are healthy
I am thankful that I am healthy enough to run (I can't imagine how morose I would be without running!)
I am thankful I have a roof over my head and food to eat

Here are some of the things that come with a caveat:

I am thankful to have a loving and supportive family, even though they live 1000 miles away and I rarely get to see them
I am thankful I have a job, even though I hate it
I am thankful for my loving husband, even though he makes me crazy these days

I actually feel a little better about my life after writing this. Maybe I should forget the Zoloft and just start journaling!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! This really does work! I was working on my list last night as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, that's a good list. i also encourage journaling...it helps tremendously.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!