Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Junior League

I actually met (and started running!) with a Junior League-r just a few weeks before Wan's first Junior League experience. At the time I was really thinking about how I can meet more people. Team in Training was certainly helping, but I was considering other options as well, including Toastmasters and Rotary. L mentioned her involvement with the Junior League, so I checked out their website an emailed the recruitment chair. It reminded me a lot of the Portia Welfare Club I belonged to in High School, which was a good thing! Unfortunately, the mandatory orientation was the same day as our big 20 miler for the Marathon, so I had to wait.

But today I got my invitation for the OC Chapter's New Member Reception on Saturday, January 23rd! I am hoping that H will have a job by then so dues money will be a little easier to come by, but I am really excited to check them out. If they are anything like L, it's going to be a great group to join!

5 comments:

  1. i wanted to join the Long Beach chapter...hopefully next year it will be easier to swing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the equivalent of Junior League where I live, and I love it! Good luck. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of friend who are in the JL here in new orleans and they all love it. Its such a great way to branch out and meet new people. I plan to join once I am done school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I never thought about JL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Bets! I bet you'd enjoy it. I don't know how you find the time to do everything though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!