Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Throw Up Your Horns


I did a bad thing money-wise. With H out of work, we have been trying to watch our pennies. H has been wanting an Xbox 360 for almost two years, and I have wanted Rock Band since we played it last Spring. We had some Visa gift cards and were trying to figure out what to do. Well, as frivolous as it might sound, we pulled the trigger - combination Xmas gift to each other and birthday - and it might possibly be the best thing we have ever done for our marriage!

H has never really played my Wii with me, and I rarely played with him on his old Xbox. But now that Rock Band is in the picture, we play together. Constantly. LOL. This is going to sound totally dorky, but we are such a team when we play. I know we are supposed to be a team in real life too, but lately I wasn't feeling it as much as I should have. But now that Rock Band has entered our life, I am overwhelmed with how well we work together. We don't yell at each other for messing up a song once in a while, and most of the time, we totally ROCK. I am totally being serious when I say this is going to be our go to stress relief. Our counselor told us that when things get heated between us, and one (or both) of us is grumpy, crabby, and/or bitchy, we should be able to call a time out. That's not working as well as I would like. But now, when we need to diffuse a fight, I'm going to turn that console on and beat on some drums, and I guarantee H will join in.

And we will ROCK. ::throwing up my horns::

3 comments:

  1. I read this entire post wondering when you became a Longhorn fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I bought the Guitar Hero version during my first trimester and I played it and played it by myself because hubs was playing World of Warcraft.

    Now, neither of us play either of our video games but I know we'll go back to the Rock Band but not the World of Warcraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *wish* my husband and I had an activity that we enjoyed doing together. Unfortunately since I stopped online gaming there just hasn't been one. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!