Saturday, January 23, 2010

I have a schedule, and I'm sticking to it

So H and I have been talking to someone. You know, therapy. While I know I can certainly benefit, I really think H is the one that needs working on. That's obviously based on my own skewed opinion. Regardless, I should take advantage of the situation.

So the last time we were in, the Doc assessed our levels of depression and anxiety. I came out considerably higher than H. That's not entirely surprising, since I am the worrier and H is the happy-go-lucky one singing "Hi diddle dee" as he marches us into the poorhouse. However, instead of focusing on what H could do to alleviate my depression and anxiety (get a job? Stop spending money?), he focused on me and what I need to change. Number one job for me this week: "write down an exercise and diet plan and actually follow it"

Now, I would guess if any of you have been reading any amount of time, you would know that 1. I still exercise - regularly. And 2. I eat healthy. In fact, HE is the biggest reason my diet gets off track at all. Nevertheless, I am not perfect, and there is always room for improvement, right? So I agreed.

Here is my new exercise plan, tentatively starting Monday, January 25:

Monday: Weights
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Easy run + weights
Thursday: Run
Friday: Weights
Saturday: TNT Run
Sunday: Long or Recovery run (depending on how many miles TNT is doing Saturday)

Hopefully I will be able to start fitting in another run, hopefully on Tuesdays, but right now these therapy appointments are getting in the way. ::grumblegrumble::

The diet plan is the same - I am following the WW plan to lose weight (seeing I am still 2 pounds above where I need to be and less than a week to get there without paying), and of course the good health guidelines should be followed.

Regardless, I have written many, many notes for our therapy meeting on Tuesday. H has no idea what he's in for.

4 comments:

  1. Take a breath love. You already sound like you're on the defensive.

    Keep an open mind that these sessions will help you also. NEED to help you also because after all you can't change your husband you can only make changes for yourself.

    I wish you the best of luck first in the diet and exercise thing (Why did he choose that anyway?!? I agree that you're already a healthy eater and active person!Weird) and secondly, with the sessions. I know they are hard to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL with your new plan. I hope that it helps relieve some of your stress & anxiety.

    I hope the session start to help both you and your DH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GL with all of this. I know you have a lot on your plate all the time but I'm hoping you can make some changes that will ease your stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good plan. Best of luck. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!