Friday, January 1, 2010

Paving the Road



"New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."  ~ Mark Twain

As you may already know, I don't really have New Year's Resolutions this year. Mostly because I am already doing 1001 things in 101 days. But I always have some goals in mind that I haven't given up on. One is to get more organized, and another is to continue with my weight maintenance and fitness.

Yet another reason why I am so incredibly thrilled to have gotten an iPod Touch!! Work is slow these days, so I spent a lot of time this week researching different applications and how to get my Touch set up so I can be more productive. Here are my new apps!

iWatchr ($1.98 for the full version) - WW Points tracker for my Touch! No more writing in a book, no more bad math. It does not have a food database, so you still need to have a way to find points values of different foods. I am not trying to avoid paying for WW etools, but to be perfectly honest, I can't use etools on my Touch without wifi. This works as a stand alone app with no need for internet access. Score!

iFitness ($1.99) - I am still playing with this one but it looks great and got a lot of really positive reviews. The feature that convinced me was being able to set up and save multiple workout plans. BFL and NROW4W, here I come! I also love that everything is tracked on what is essentially my music player, so it's VERY gym friendly.

FemCalLite ($1.99) - This is actual charting software rather than a period tracker that estimates your O date based on the average woman. I'm sure it's by no means perfect, but since H is actually getting his surgery done, I have no more excuses for my crappy charting. Here's to actively TTC in 2010!

MindSpa (FREE!) - I have not tried MindSpa yet, but I know I need some help with the stress relief, and the price was right. Here is what the developers have to say about it: "By utilizing the latest dual induction techniques, with a separate voice in each ear, Dr. Bandler has prepared a one-of-a-kind experience for you found exclusively here. Our R&D team has created a special visual neural-stimulation program that simultaneously measures slight changes in body movement and adjusts to those movements to place you into a deep, calm state of relaxation and stress relief." Sounds interesting, no?

And last, but in no way least, I set up Google Sync so now my Gmail, Google Calendar, and Contacts syncs automatically with the preset apps on the Touch! It's pretty awesome.

I am still looking for a Meal Planning app and a Chore app. I did see iChore, but I need to do a little more research and think about if it will really help us (i.e. will we really use it?). As far as meal planning goes, I was *this close* to purchasing MiMeals, but the reviews are mixed and I saw Relish! for the low, low price of FREE. However, I should have researched it more, because they only allow you to choose 5 meals a week (WTF?) and after a 14 day trial, the accompanying service is $7 a month. No thanks. So now I am considering MiMeals again.

Don't get me wrong, I also downloaded Tap Tap Revenge 3, Spider Solitaire and Chain Reaction. All work and no play makes Dipitie a dull girl! ;o)

1 comment:

  1. I want an iphone/itouch too! Waaahhh!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! LOve the LOLCat picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!