Friday, February 26, 2010

Fullbar Review

 

The other day I needed a snack. I just didn't pack enough to eat for the day. I had heard commercials about Fullbar, and they were on sale at CVS: $1.99 for two. I thought, "Awesome - something that is designed to keep you full, in addition to regular meals! That will work perfectly!" So I bought a couple.
They taste good (I had the Peanut Butter Crunch). They are larger than an average granola bar. It did indeed keep me full. BUT for THREE WW points (170 calories, 4.5 grams fat and only 4 grams fiber) I'm sure I could find something better. I can't believe anyone would ingest an additional 510 calories a day when trying to lose weight? I mean, maybe that works for a guy, but I only get 21 points a day - I don't want to spend 9 of them eating something just to help me eat less at meals. I would rather eat a big salad for zero points - wouldn't that be just as effective? And healthier? And less costly?

I should have looked at the nutrition label before I bought, so that's my fault. But I was really hoping it would be around 100 calories, especially since it is intended to be in addition to meals. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!