Thursday, February 11, 2010

Here we go again

I have given up. At least on that stupid job I was waiting on. They could still come back and offer it to me, but obviously hiring me is not on their list of priorities, so it's time I moved on mentally. If they do come back and make an offer, then I will be in a better state of mind to play hardball.

But it really sucks, mostly because I want to scratch my eyes out at the prospect of working in the seventh circle of hell another day, much less months and months. So, I am back in the saddle. I never should have gotten out of the saddle, but job hunting takes so much time. Especially in this shit economy. Oy vey.

So I had to make a list of pros to still being in this crap job:

1. A paycheck is better than no paycheck
2. Every day is another day closer to my boss hanging herself with her incompetence
3. Casual dress code, i.e. no need to take my clothes to the dry cleaner
4. The freedom to still make time for the internet on a daily basis
5. Benefits seem to be getting better (more days off, etc.)
6. Possible new things coming down the pipeline could make my job a little more interesting

I am really in a funk today and have lost a lot of motivation. Trying to stay positive.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I can totally relate to where you are. It takes a lot to think positive when you're in a rut. Let's do a running/bitching session soon, k?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!