Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Luckiest

Well, that's not me. Not yet at least.

I read my share of infertility blogs, and I am always thinking about how long some people try before either having a child or just giving up entirely. We are still young, in the grand scheme of things, because we are only going on two years. I know that is a long time for most people, it feels like a long time (especially when you're old like me!), but it's not that long. I am thanking the universe that we haven't tried that long and asking the gods for a little love, so hopefully we won't hit our third year.

I guess this is why I get so angry at people who jump to conclusions about their supposed "issues" getting pregnant. Their lack of patience irritates me. I am trying really hard to be patient, and for the most part I just keep telling myself that patience beats the alternative, at least for now. IF treatments are expensive and invasive. Hell, the testing alone is moderately expensive and invasive. Why does anyone want to go through any of this if there is a chance that they could skip that part and go straight to the pregnancy? Unless you have a potential medical issue, please wait the 12 months (or 6 months for old broads like me). And if you don't have good timing for some of those months, maybe wait a couple more cycles. At least think about it. Nobody really wants to be on the IF bandwagon, unless you are way into drama. If that's the case, I'm sure you haven't listened to a word. But if you truly want a family, it's not fun, I promise you.

2 comments:

  1. It really is no fun to do this treatments, in fact is way too overwhelming to even try to explain.
    We had to bite the bullet because both my husband and I have issues, we tried dealing with mine first (I don't ovulate regularly) when that didn't work we did more digging and found we also have some male factor infertility and when IUI's didn't work, IVF was our solution. I don't wish it on anyone but if they must then I say go for it because in the end its worth it if what they really want is a family. People may not share the whole picture on their blogs, I didn't because my husband asked me not to discuss his issues, so you never know....
    Patience and the amount of time varies depending on everyone's lifestyles and ages and in the end what they do is their choice and their health. If people do these treatments for fun or drama they should really see a psychologist first, I doubt that's the case for most though. *I hope*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand perfectly.

    Next week, it'll be 5 years. And, well, I can definitely say that-in a way- I've given up.

    BUT, I haven't given up for YOU! You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I really hope that you DON'T hit that 3 year mark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!