Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pole Dancing

Yesterday I got to try Pole Dancing! This was something that I have been wanting to do for a long, long time, but never have. But then I recently started following OC Pole Fitness on Twitter, and Collette posted about a special deal on a first time class, so I jumped on the opportunity!

 

The room was gorgeous and clean:




I was hoping my friend Lindsey was going to join me, but she skipped out. :( Oh well, it was fine. I actually had a GREAT time! It is an INCREDIBLE workout. They gave us a demonstration at the beginning of class to show us what we could do if we continued coming to classes, and let me tell you - these women are incredible. They make it look easy! I can tell you from first hand knowledge, it is anything BUT easy, and I was doing the simple stuff. :S

We did some floor work (which was hard enough) and then did some simple stuff on the pole. I am not coordinated - it takes me forever to dissect every footstep and hand move, and of course, it feels odd to move your hips that way. And then we moved on to spins! The basics of a spin - reasonably easy. But of course, Miss Uncoordinated, I couldn't get my feet in the right spots. I'll have some shin bruising tomorrow. LOL You know what else I will have? Pain from my shoulders to my hips! My arms were burning. And then after spinning around a pole, we did what Collette calls "End Workout" - that pretty much finished off my arms and abs.

As much as I am complaining, I loved it. LOVED it. I hope H gets a job soon, because I want an unlimited plan. And a pole. :D

6 comments:

  1. 2 of my friends at work do it and always say what an amazing work out it is. Glad you got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really fun! It's nice to get out and try new workouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That studio looks great! I'd like to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! I need to follow their tweets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been pole dancing for three years and I LOVE it! Aside from being a great workout it has completely put in me in touch with my sexuality. I even wrote my MA thesis on how pole dancing can help women connect with their sexuality. Yup, addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. I am WAY too self-conscious and uncoordinated to do that shit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!