Sunday, February 28, 2010

Port Fail, Crow Win

Whew! I made it, 28 posts in 28 days, and I even posted once about the theme. LOL Today was the first day of OC Restaurant Week, and I had wonderful lunch plans with a group of awesome women I have been lucky enough to get to know. :) We had reservations at Port and most of us were looking forward to bottomless mimosas. I showed up right at noon, and was faced with a charity event. I was so confused, I wondered if I was in the wrong place. I asked around, talked to waiters and hosts wondering where our reservation was, and then finally waited for Ann Marie, who was the one to make our reservation. When she arrived, we spoke to the owner. Apparently, this charity event had been planned for months, and our only option for food was the $20 breakfast buffet that looked like something we could get in a three star Vegas hotel. No bottomless mimosas, no OCRW menu. We waited for FGD, and decided to go somewhere else.

But where? What was close by, that we thought would be good? Crow Bar, we meet again:

 

It was close by, and not only did they have an OCRW lunch with 1/2 price drinks,
They also have duck fat fries. Oh, how I missed you and your truffle aioli.

I did not spend a lot of time photographing the food, but I had to take a picture of our desserts. Lemon almond biscotti with peach champagne and blood orange sorbets:

  

And a chocolate tart with raspberry sauce and a vanilla bean gelato:

 

But next time, we are going to Haven. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad we got to check out Crow Bar, even though they could totally do better on the dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um- i want food now. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see the flyer for duck-fat fried chicken on Monday nights? I wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!