Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Race Plan!

I figured instead of moping around because I can't afford to subject myself to major punishment in slightly over 3 weeks, I am going to put together a plan: Marathons AND how to pay for them. And you, lucky reader, get to read about it. Or not. You can always close the window.

Anyway, here is the list:

2010
San Diego Rock 'n' Roll - $115 (I better get on that!)
Nike Women's Marathon - $110, sometime in the next month

2011
PF Changs Rock 'n' Roll - $105, by 9/15
LA Marathon - $125
SD Rock 'n' Roll - $95, by 1/31
Seattle Rock 'n' Roll - $100, by 2/28
Nike Women's Marathon - $110, by 3/15
Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll - $135 (gasp!), by 11/27

So that's approximately $895 in race registration in the next 18 months or so. I'll give you a moment to take in the sheer $$$$ that I am spending on this silly sport. It's really sad that something you can theoretically do for free, i.e. you don't need a gym membership, costs so damn much. Since a couple of my registrations are coming up soon, I am going to put aside $50 a paycheck away, which should cover my 2010 race registrations by Mid-April. Then I have 25 pay periods until 2/25/11 when I theoretically will have to sign up for Seattle to get the good price. If I put away about $25 per pay period, I will pretty much have my race registrations. If I continue to put away $50 per pay period, I should have enough to also travel for some of these races! That's the plan!

Of course, this doesn't even start to cover what it's going to cost to keep me in Pole Dancing classes. :/ And if I get my ass KU, then I might have to put the plan on hold. I sure as shit hope to have my ass KU soon, and hopefully in time to pop that kid out and keep up the running. Worst case scenario, I either pick different races later in the year, or my 2011 plan, becomes a 2012 plan. :) I still don't know why all of this needs to be so damn expensive.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. $50/pay check is totally manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan.

    I do not even want to think about what I spend on races/travel/lodging. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!