Friday, September 17, 2010

Responsibilities

I had to quit my coaching job today. The spring season, where we would be training for the Surf City and LA Marathons, will kick off on October 30, and I couldn't leave the team hanging. The coaches will be announced on Monday, and since I won't even be allowed to ride a bike, there was no way for me to commit to the team. So I had to let them know while there was still time to replace me.

Yeah, I am probably over thinking this, but I have to be prepared and responsible. I can't ignore my commitments.

And maybe I should get some counseling. Except I have never met a counselor who could help me more than I can help myself on my own, so it's always been a waste of a co-payment IMO. I don't see why I shouldn't be angry and depressed. I mean, really? Infertility sucks. It shouldn't be this way, but it is. And I have every right to angry.

1 comment:

  1. But homie- are you really helping yourself on your own? You've been in the dumps for a while now with no sign of feeling better even with this huge opportunity- huge light at the end of the tunnel for you.

    When do you give yourself the right to be hopeful and excited? Everything comes with a cost no? When do you stop pouting, kicking and screaming and instead taking the bulls by the horns and making the best of it for yourself?

    Yes, IF was not your choice. But this study and opportunity is!

    As your friends- I think we all want to see you happier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!