Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wait - I ran a race too!

Lest I forget about the whole reason I went to SF in the first place, here is my race recap!

We lined up with about a million other people (Okay, 20K, give or take) and then waited. Passed the time by taking pics:





It really does look like a herd of women, doesn't it!

Before too long, we started running. I promised myself I would actually carry my camera and take some photos during a race for once!




YUM - I wished I had some sourdough right then.




Golden Gate! Too bad we weren't running over it!







The line of women waiting to get their picture taken with the GG behind them. I wasn't THAT interested...


The pink people were funny, although all of my pics of them were somewhat blurry! That's why I get for not actually stopping - my camera doesn't do well during the bouncing of a run.



Yes, please.


Hell yeah!








I'm still not sold on the chocolate mile - I mean, I'll take it and save it for later, but who can eat chocolate while running? I bet I will get at least one comment from someone who can. LOL


And I finished..... and then stopped. What a mess the finish was. And of course right about then is when the sky opened up and it started to pour. :/


I got my necklace, but didn't want to wait in a line (yes, a LINE) to get my pic taken with a barely legal fireman, so I picked the one who was mature and distinguished.


And afterwards, I had my free wine from Kimpton. LOVE my Kimpton hotels!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, looks like an amazing race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great race! This makes me really want to run this while I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun!

    I don't think I could eat chocolate while running either. I did a 20K that had champagne around mile 11 or 12 and couldn't even handle the smell -- too bad they didn't have any at the finish :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!