Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sacrifice

Let me preface this blog post by saying all this sacrifice is worth it. It's definitely all worth it if I end up with a viable pregnancy. It will also be worth it even if this doesn't work out. At least we tried wholeheartedly and gave it every chance we could.

Now on to the actual point of this blog - the sacrifices that I am making. First things first: I gave up running. Running has been a large part of my life for years now and I do miss it, a LOT. My RE said that my ovaries would tell me when I needed to stop. My ovaries never said anything, but my body sure told me. The week I started stims, I got sick and then spent the rest of my cycle fighting various ailments. I haven't ran since early November, and I can't even express how jealous I was of all the turkey trot participants!

Next I sacrificed my freedom. I am very lucky in that I feel fine. Again, I attribute that to not having many follicles. I might have felt something if I had 10+ but I didn't, and feeling great is the upside of not having anything to freeze. But because I feel fine, I am going a little stir crazy. I have been in this house for three days now and I still have two more to go. I feel like I could go out and run 5 miles easy, but I lay here just trying to give my little embyos their best chance. Sometimes I wish I was exhausted, so I would be happy just sleeping all day. I'm keeping occupied though, so don't worry about that.

Those are the big ones. Of course I gave up booze, caffeine, sushi, claritin, etc. But that's all par for the course, right?

I can't wait until bedrest is over and I can go out into the world again. And while I would love to get out for a run, I am hoping it won't be for a minimum of 12 weeks from now, and that my next drunken sushi night filed with sake bombs is a minimum of 9 months from now!

And, last, while IVF isn't the easiest thing to endure, I am so lucky to have baby pictures even before being pregnant! I hope I have a chance to show them what they looked like before going into mommie's belly!

3 comments:

  1. Tears...

    I don't think anyone can blame you for missing things you love to do. I think I'd be surprised if you didn't! But I know that you know how the sacrifice is worth it.

    Thinking of you and your embies EVERY day multiple times a day, to be exact. I also hope that there'll be no booze or sushi in your near future.

    Stay strong, stay positive and enjoy your down time! I know it's hard, but enjoy it!

    Love you! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fingers are crossed. all the time. makes it hard for me to do stuff- see? i sacrafice too ;)

    but seriously. i feel you. it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!