Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bad Nuts, Insurance Issues, the Economy and Other Reasons Why My Uterus is Empty

This is the letter I sent to the Ellen Show today.

"Boy meets girl when girl is mature and independent (read OLDER)
Boy and girl fall in love, get married, and try to have a baby
Boy is laid off
Boy and girl find out they are infertile
Boy and girl are too old to wait, and spend thousands of dollars trying to get pregnant
Boy finds job after 21 months of being unemployed, but Boy and Girl are still struggling to catch up, and Girl's fertile days are numbered

My husband had varicocele, a physical condition that caused our infertility (hence the bad nuts). He underwent surgery to correct it with no success, and then we did one IVF which was also unsuccessful. Our next step is another IVF cycle which will cost approximately $14,000. We were able to stay afloat while my husband was out of work, but racked up some debt which we are now slowly paying off. We have a great marriage and have remained a team during this whole ordeal. I am lucky to have him and I want to give him a child. We are open to adoption, but adoption also has a financial and emotional impact, and we have time since the age of my eggs or uterus won't matter. None of this would matter if we were able to get pregnant the old fashioned way, but that’s not working so well for us. I really want a chance to experience pregnancy. If we could cut down on our debt, that would help us in our quest for baby makes three. Thanks for reading!"

I am in a weird spot. I need to be hopeful. I need to see that light at the end of the tunnel. I am apparently willing to expose myself on national television in order to get there. I don't know if Ellen accepts nominations, but I can use all the help I can get. Maybe just leave me a comment, to let me know that you are here for me. xoxoxo

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!! p.s. I love the cartoon at the top. Hi-larious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Good Luck! I hope Ellen reads this and helps you guys out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GL! You'll have to let us know when she responds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog from a link on Kim's blog, and just want you to know that I'm pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Ellen is awesome and you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the entry and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Ellen is able to help! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Dip! Totally pulling for you regarding Ellen, getting your uterus occupied and, well, just in general because I love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!