Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Boot Camp Vs Pole Dancing

In my new quest for Biggest Loser sized losses over the next 6 weeks, I am trying some new fitness related things. So this last week I took another Pole Fitness class and also joined a Boot Camp style class for a month. There are some major, major differences.


Comfort at start of class

Pole Fitness: I was very self-conscious. I was the fattest person there, and it felt weird trying to be sensual.

Boot Camp: I was the thinnest (believe it!). However, I was NOT the fittest.


Comfort during class

Pole Fitness: Still self conscious, but started to ease into it. It was fun as well as a challenge. I really worked at perfecting the few moves we worked on that day and it felt less like a workout and more like learning to dance.

Boot Camp: OUCH! OUCH OUCH OUCH HOLY HELL! OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I never thought I would use running as a method of rest.


Immediately After Class

Pole Fitness: I felt happy, relaxed and accomplished.

Boot Camp: I needed a nap. And a wheelchair.


The Day After

Pole Fitness: Delightfully sore, mostly in my upperbody (yay!). A few tender spots where I bumped a body part into the pole.

Boot Camp: Still need that wheelchair. Stairs are NOT my friend.


Summary

Both programs are comparable in price (in the range of $200 a month). Basically I really enjoyed the Pole Fitness class MUCH more than the Boot Camp. Plus I think it would be really rewarding for my self esteem. Obviously, the Boot Camp was a much more intense workout, and I probably need that right now, at least for the next month as I attempt unhealthy levels of weight loss HAHA! But after I go through my IVF cycles and hopefully pregnancy, and I'm looking for a program I can do long term that will have the most positive effect on my life as a whole, it would be Pole Fitness at the top of my list.

But in the meantime, I need to motivate to get to that boot camp again tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I've done boot camps before and they are killer! I love it though--I'm of the school of thought that if it doesn't hurt, it's not worth my time. I must be a masochist.

    They both sound fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have way more balls than me. I'd never be caught dead in a pole dancing class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I say go with what makes you happiest. Hopefully that good feeling will help carry you through the IVF cycle ahead.

    Thanks again for your support today. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!