Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gumption

Dear Me,

You know, you really do a great job of standing up for yourself when it truly counts. Good on ya for calling and speaking to the Member Grievance Manager today to complain about the bitch who chewed you out for no reason last week. I'm proud of you for not giving up, despite numerous derailments and setbacks, and I'm so glad to see that hope is still part of your vocabulary, no matter how cynical you might portray yourself.

Waiting is not easy, and I know that sometimes you just want to throw a tantrum, just scream and cry and stomp your feet. Please know that your feelings are justified. Somehow you manage to pull it together and face another day as a moderately sane person, not sure how, but I'm proud of you just the same.

I hope these words make your day even better, and I hope they give you a sense of hope and peace, if only for today. Tomorrow I will tell you more good things. xoxo

Love, You

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!