Friday, March 11, 2011

I won! I won! I won a major award!


The Good Egg Blog Award

This is my first time being awarded anything like this. It's not that I was sad to be award-less, or even was jonesin' for an award, but it's nice just the same. I am flattered, and I feel loved. Which is pretty much what I needed right now.

Here’s how it works:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave me this award. Thanks again Jess of Brave New World!
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award other bloggers (you determine who and how many)
  4. Contact these blogs and tell them about the award
I am of course such an open book, I'm not sure what things you might not know about me, but I will try!

1. I have lived two countries other than the U.S. - Holland and Saudi Arabia, but I don't speak any other language fluently.
2. I was OBSESSED about horses until I was a senior in high school, but have never owned one.
3. I was going to be a veterinarian until my vet school application was thwarted by my flaky undergrad advisor who never bothered to send in the recommendation she promised. Too bad I didn't have backups sent in as well, because that was the beginning of the rest of the mess that is now my life.
4. I don't make friends easily. Well, I make friends, but I don't open up easily, which keeps friends out of the "true friend" category. And I withdraw quickly too.
5. I was brought up vegetarian, and didn't eat meat until I was 12. I could easily walk away from meat at any time, and now that I have cut out dairy, I could even be vegan!
6. I am a hermit, and prefer to stay at home over almost any other option.
7. I am obsessed with lipgloss/stick/stain as well as gorgeous heels, but rarely wear either, despite having more than I will ever know what to do with.

Those were some pretty weak things, but I'm such an oversharer, I think most of you already know I want to do an Ironman someday, that I'm a little obsessed with nutrition and fitness, or that I am a die-hard liberal granola in a lot of ways. I do need to focus on other areas in my life other than infertility, that's for sure. And the more my life unravels, the less I think I will become a mom, so I need to get back on the "me" track.

Blogs that I love and deserve a good egg or two (in no particular order):

Mariluh's Own Personal Space in the Void
Close my Eyes and Leap
Bird-Day and other little quirks
Blog @ Mrs. Beth
California Girl Lost
Cotton Socks
My Ramblings

<3 you guys and I think about you all the time!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!