Saturday, April 16, 2011

Child Free

It's weird. Now that I'm no longer planning an IVF cycle, I finally feel at peace with being child free. I'm not sure it's permanent, but I'll take what I can get.

It's not a good decision, but I threw the dairy free diet out the window tonight. I needed pizza and frozen yogurt! And I also drank diet coke. So bad.

I'm getting back on track with my life though. The parts that were on hold for IVF. Is it too late to sign for a half marathon in a couple weeks? I need to sign up for a full marathon too. I was going to sign up for Nike, but that is an expensive race. The entry alone is $150! I'm super bummed that I'm not coaching the fall season. All this timing stinks. I guess I need to find a different race closer to home so that it's as cost effective as possible.

I also packed up the CBEFM to send to Bacon, thinking I would be starting treatment cycles soon. Now that's changed, but I'm not even sure I want it any more. The test strips are pricey, and I'm tired of caring about my cycle. Do you hear that Universe? I'm giving up. I guess if you want to throw a bfp my way, I'm all for it, even if it does give those "just relax" A-holes more ammo.

On that note, I'm signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Since I can't be trying until my two ovarian cysts (9cm and 6.7 cm) go down I too had pizza tonight but instead of frozen yogurt I hit the hard stuff namely Ben and Jerry's. I'm lactose intolerant but right now I need the gooey goodness to wallow in my own bit of pity with being in pain. I don't like having to admit that I too might now be finished with trying to conceive but at this point in my life at 41 I have to admit to a possible defeat. Such is life, on to the next part.

    Hope you have some fun in finding out where you are headed next. May we both get that miracle BFP to snub our noses at technology.

    Well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that you feel at peace. It's an unfair, horrible thing to have to come to terms with- and I'm really feeling for you. I hope that whatever lays ahead for you, you are happy.
    Good luck on your next marathon and keep enjoying those things you had put on hold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being childfree is awesome, and there are a lot of benefits, feel good about it! We just launched DINKlife.com to support DINKs and child free with content that matters to us! Check it out, and focus on YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!