Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thoughts on Surgery

Now that my part is over, I should be able to relax. However, after my last injection last night, I've been thinking. Mostly about surgery. Remembering that I need to remove all my jewelry, can't drink or eat after midnight, have to wear comfortable clothing, etc. I'm not really worried about the catheter it the surgery itself, being put under anesthesia or any of that.

I'm nervous about how bad the anesthesia burns when they inject it. Weird right? I know intellectually it will only be a few seconds, but I remember how agonizing that pain was. Ugh. So dumb.

I'm also not looking forward to how bad I'm going to feel like I have to pee when I wake up. I hope this time I remember that I won't need to and it's just irritation from the catheter. Because being all looped in the bathroom, trying not to fall over and break my head open while I fruitlessly attempt to empty my already empty bladder, is not the best choice.

I am looking forward to the floaty feeling I'll get before they actually put me under, and the awesome nap I'll get tomorrow afternoon.

Here we go. But first, the last bath I will have for 12 weeks and a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I love the floaty feeling. Happiest part of IVF! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you. I really hope that this is the one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!