Sunday, July 10, 2011

And then there were three!


The original title of this post was going to be "And then there was one" but my phone rang this morning. My first thought was "fuck, that's it, Austin Powers has stopped dividing, it's over."

I reluctantly answered the phone, and was greeted by a particularly happy sounding RE. He then informed me that we were still on for transfer that morning, and we had three.

Wait, what? Three? What?

I think after all the bad news he has had to give me over the last 7 months, he was thrilled to finally have some good news to share!

I immediately burst into tears, but unlike the tears I have been plagued with over the last four days, these were happy, ecstatic tears. We were going to have a fighting chance!

Looks like those two injected ended up growing. They must have missed the double nuclei stage, so they thought they didn't fertilize correctly, but I am so glad that 1. I decided to transfer ADP anyway and 2. That they didn't toss those pups right away!

Transfer was smooth, he said that they are looking for anything from 4 cells and up, and we have a 5 cell, a 7 cell and an 11 cell (Austin Powers, the rock star) now on board.

Operation relax and hope is in full swing. :)

sunnydaytodaymama

17 comments:

  1. So thrilled and excited for you! Put your feet up & keep optimistic, big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so very happy for you!! keep the faith my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and sending very best wishes to you all! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo! I'm so excited for you. Okay time for some relaxing and chocolate. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three!!!!

    Three is a lucky number, no? Hoping, praying, all digits crossed...

    XO,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I'm SO SO SO happy for you Dip! Snuggle in tight little ones! Sending you lots of love from up north! S

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO SOO SOSOSOSO happy for you! You have worked so hard and fought so hard to get to this point- if those little embies are anything like their mama they are indeed fighters!

    Rest up now and let them do their thing! Divide and conquer, little Dipitie embies!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have such positive feelings for you! I would love for 2 to implant! (but at least one).

    Everything Crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING NEWS!!!! Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually crying at work for you!! SO AMAZING!!! I am so, so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hooooo this is amazing news - THREE!! :-)))
    Happy tears, yay :)
    So happy for you, enjoy bedrest and take care
    Moonie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somehow I missed this on Twitter. Congrats!!! Enjoy bed rest and read some awesome books... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somehow I missed this on Twitter. Congrats!!! Enjoy bed rest and good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You dont know me, but I happened uppon your blog and have been invested in your life ever since. I am thrilled for the good news and I cry with the sad news. I wanted you to know that you're touching hearts you dont even know about... I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and I wish you all the best... Emily (in california)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this? Amazing news! Have everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! Hope the good news just keeps on coming x

    ReplyDelete
  17. 3 is the magic number....school house rock said so!! LOL EXCITED for you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!