Friday, July 1, 2011

IVF 3.0, Birthday Follie Check, Day 11 of stims


Gotta love the 80's!

Lining: 10.5
Right: 16, 16, 14, 12, 11
Left: 10, 9

I am wondering what happened to the 14 that was on the left a couple days ago, but at the same time, I'm not sure we really found the lefty since we had more difficulty than normal (hard to top the normal difficulty we have!) locating my left ovary. I might need to drink some prune juice to get things moving in my bowels, opening up my gut a little bit! That might be more information than you need to know, but whatever.

So, interestingly enough, RE is increasing my stims tonight as well. Happy birthday to me? He always told me 450 IU's of stims was all that ovaries could take. Well, tonight we are moving up to 600 IU's: 450 of Gonal-f AND my normal 150 Menopur. Crazy, right? I thought I was going to start the Ganirelix tonight, but they didn't say anything about that on my voice mail. I called and left a message for my nurse, just to be 100% sure. I wonder if he is being even more agressive than normal since he knows this is my absolute last shot. I hope I have enough meds! Having to pay another copay isn't the end of the world, but I only have enough to get me through Tuesday based on 300 IU's a night. :S He thinks I'm going to be fine, but I like being sure, and these long weekends with no potential shipments screw with my preparedness. Shit. Now that I am thinking about it, since I am increasing my dosage by 50%, I only have stims to get through Sunday night, and if my follies grow 1-2 mm a night, I need at least 2-3 more days. He wasn't concerned this morning, but now I am.

If it comes to that (which hopefully it won't), I hope they can let me borrow some.

On a side note, I was hoping that the staff at my RE's would have wished me a happy birthday. Guess they don't look at the DOB on the charts or have any sort of notification. Bummer.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I didn't realize your bday was the day after mine but hope you have a great day.

    Funny enough I had to call the RE's office yesterday and after I hung up, the nurse called me again to wish me a happy birthday. Totally wasn't expecting that.

    Anyways, good luck this cycle. I'm rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It's a good week for birthdays, mine was Wednesday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    I've been totally stalking your follies, BTW. Fingers crossed.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!