Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Twas the Night Before Egg Retrieval

And I'm crampy and bloated, although it doesn't really matter, because to those eggs I am devoted.

Hahaha Not sure why I felt the need to write a poem. It just felt right. I am crampy and bloated. I also think I hit a vein with my trigger, but didn't think about it until the syringe had blood in it. I always pull back on the plunger to make sure, but of course forgot last night. And that spot hurts. But they checked my blood and all must be well, because they didn't call me to tell me there was an issue. That spot hurts really bad right now, so my guess is I blew that vein and it ended up in my fat anyway. Right? RIGHT?

So, the surgery center is nothing if not thorough. They told me yesterday, and this morning, and then called me three times. Yes, I know to be there by 8:45 am. Yes, I know I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Yes, not even water. Which totally sucks ass because it's like Africa hot out here. I'm already thirsty and I still have three hours to suck down the agua.

So, I'm tired of looking at numbers, comparing cycles, etc. Whatever is done, is done. I am kinda excited that I feel so crappy right now, but whatever the outcome, this is it. I am also taking time away from work to let the monkeys burrow in nice and good. No stress, no exertion, no nothing. Just relaxing and thinking good thoughts. Today, I also sent back the authorization to thaw Austin Danger Powers. I'm praying that he makes it, along with his brothers and sisters that are still in my ovaries right now. I want this to work, more than anything. Come on follies!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes. :) Yes, chances are you just grazed the vein with the needle and didn't actually inject into the vein. Whoooooo GO EGGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sweetie! With any luck I'll soon be on the IVF wait list here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!