Friday, August 12, 2011

Seven Weeks, One Day


Where does the time go! I was going to post last week when I got to "Six Weeks" and then was going to post the next day after my ultrasound where we saw a heartbeat. And then time got away, and before I knew it, I was almost to seven weeks! So I decided to wait one more day again, so we could have another ultrasound update. :)

So, everything seems to be progressing normally! Last week, at 6w1d, we were measuring 5w6d so a couple days behind. This week, our heartbeat is still going strong and we are measuring 7 weeks on the nose, just 1 day behind now. Our little monkey is growing!

I'm still super nervous about everything. I don't have as much reason as some, but infertility alone will turn you into a complete freakazoid. Fridays are happy, the weekends are relaxed, Mondays and Tuesdays are days where I might forget I'm actually pregnant, and Wednesdays and Thursdays bring out the crazy. Early Friday morning I'm a ball of nerves, and a few minutes later, I'm beaming.

Anyway, hanging in there. Still grateful to be in my position, but I have to say, I feel I have earned it. Not everyone who has been through the ringer gets a happy ending though, which is why I am sending love to all my sisters and brothers who are still struggling. I think of you every day.

6 comments:

  1. So glad for the heartbeat - that single flickering pixel changes everything, doesn't it? I can't wait to meet baby Dip. I better get an invite to your shower ;)

    I don't know if I count for that shout out or not, but thanks. I'll make the disclaimer that I'm on another round of Clomid (cd5) and this time around, I feel like my head is going to explode. I just want to get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that your baby is growing. The weeks are going to fly by now especially with the holidays right around the corner. I'm sure you'll be quite distracted by winter.

    Good luck!

    I'm on the Oct IVF list so with any luck I won't be too far behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peep - I would love for you to come!!!! And of course you are part of the shout out. Every time I read your blog, I'm hoping that there will be an announcement in there. I think of you all the time xoxo

    Rebecca - Good luck with your October IVF! I will be rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wanted to say lots of love to you Dip and Baby Dippy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled on your blog through The Bump. Wanted to say I love your courage (I'm reading backwards from today's date.) We haven't even started any fertility treatments or diagnosis or anything, but since we're 39 & 41, we might be following in your footsteps. I wish you the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!