Monday, August 15, 2011

So much for that

I was supposed to be in a symptom free pregnancy - one of those bitches without morning sickness that everyone loves to hate! Don't get me wrong, I've had a number of days where I just wasn't hungry. But I was still able to make myself eat something, and eat it happily.

Today, not so much.

Today I did not want to eat my breakfast. But I did it anyway, and immediately felt a little ill. I didn't pack a lunch so I knew I needed to go out, but I couldn't think of a single thing I wanted. I went to the grocery store and the only thing that sounded good were olives from the salad bar and a frozen burrito. However, the frozen burritos were $3 (WTF, right?) so I opted not to do that, but stopped at Del Taco on the way back to the office. They had a three bean burrito special for $1.29. Score, right?

Wrong. Those made me sick. Yes, I ate all three, but they were small, I swear! So I spent the afternoon drinking water, snacking on peanuts and clementines and trying to keep my lunch down. Of course, then the husband asks if I want him to make chicken for dinner. Cue the retching. All I'm having for dinner tonight is salad and vinegar. And maybe some olives and pickles. That's the only stuff that sounds good right now.

In the meantime, I'm "enjoying" feeling pregnant for once!

5 comments:

  1. Ha!! Oh, welcome, welcome...

    When I was pregnant with Ada the smell of chicken cooking in my house was the worst. I still haven't eaten baked chicken and steamed broccoli, a former staple.
    Here comes the unsolicited advice: Vitamin B6 and acupuncture. Though the smell of chicken was bad, I was never sick. Hope tomorrow is better and once again, welcome to pregnancy :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having sour cravings. MMMM pickles and olives. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm salad, vinegar, olives and pickles, really?! eeeuuuu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should loan you my seabands. If I can find them. LOL.

    I bought them the day my queasiness ended up going away for good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I'm so happy you are feeling pregnant. My feeling is that I want to experience every bit of every symptom- we have to make the most of it after all this!

    Sounds funny, but lifesavers helped me when I started feeling icky. And lemonade.

    happy days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!