Thursday, September 22, 2011

Decision

I have decided that I am taking this opportunity and forgoing additional ART.

I had to look at the worst case scenarios for either decision, and I figure I can handle never getting pregnant a lot better than giving up this opportunity, going through another IVF cycle and having that one end up in a BFN. My ovaries don't respond to stimulation drugs anyway, so what was the point? I still ovulate and my husband's lifestyle changes have improved his sperm tremendously, so I think we have a better shot now. I'm hoping we have a better shot. I'm also hoping that moving to a place with less stress and less pollutants will benefit us as well.

So, we are moving, as well as moving on.

Don't think that just because I am giving up on IVF that means I am giving up on having a family. We're going to continue down the path and see where life takes us. Maybe we'll get pregnant the way most people do. Maybe we'll adopt. Maybe we'll do a donor egg cycle. I'm open to what the future has in store. I am choosing to believe in fate, because if I had stayed pregnant, I would now be unemployed and would not have felt comfortable taking this position. Do I wish I was still pregnant? Of course. But I am thrilled to have a job I want and be able to move to a place I wish I have never left.

And that's good enough for now.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I'm sure it was not an easy decision to make but I admire your attitude about it. I need to take a page out of your book and do the same. Best of luck to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attitude is amazing and so inspiring! I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrads on the new job!! Good for you for living forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made the right decision- trust yourself and the rest will follow. Believing in fate (while it seems like a cruel joke sometimes) can be a good thing. Wishing you the best of everything to come. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job and move! I know this was a complicated decision (to say the least). Wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Brave, but hopefully freeing too. May the new job be fabulous and you body figure out that now is the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, and best of luck in this next phase of your life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I hope that this change will bring you lots of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There always comes a time when you need to say I've had enough of the hormone roller coaster for a while and start taking time off to remember who you are and learn to be happy again. Hormones are rough on a body.

    Can't wait to see what direction your blog path takes you now.

    Good Luck! I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your attitude is an inspiration...I hope nothing but good things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you seem like a really good person, hope everyone goes well! All the best for the future :)

    shenanigansofcaroline.blogspot.com
    C✭

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!