Sunday, October 30, 2011

Appreciate what you have

Life is fleeting, and so is happiness. I just found out that one of my husband friends collapsed and died today. His wife is pregnant, probably about as far along as I would be if I hadn't miscarried.

When I miscarried, I was so jealous. I felt so sorry for myself. And now my heart is breaking for her. If given the choice, I would take my heartbreak over hers, but nobody gets that choice. You get what you get. And sometimes it fucking sucks.

Tragedy is everywhere. I am so thankful that I still have my husband. I need to remember to appreciate what I have, because it can easily slip through your fingers, gone forever, never to be seen again.

Hold your loved ones a little tighter tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I agree we need to appreciate our loved ones more than we do. So many of us get blindsided by the end goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sit around all day feeling sorry for myself, or I use too!! You are absolutely right about telling the one we love.. that we love them,"As often as we can!" Life can change in a blink of the eye...... I Know!!!
    I broke my back in two places 5 yrs ago.... You will have to go to my blog to hear the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!