Saturday, December 31, 2011

Boy, am I glad THAT'S over


2011 I mean.

I always have high hopes for a new year, but things always seem to fall apart. Last year started out great with my husband getting a job with infertility coverage. But then he went into the hospital, got laid off and my eggs proved themselves to be totally inadequate. I was hoping for better things when I did manage to get pregnant, but then miscarried and was laid off in the same month. Thanks asshole employer, fuck you too. I did manage to get a job I really love, but my husband is severely underemployed and we are still unable to catch up. Too bad I spent all that money on IVF. Have I mentioned the insurance is still screwing around with paying my medical bills?

I really don't want much out of you, 2012. All I really want is for my husband to also get a job he loves, maybe even one that has regular hours? I just want to catch up in my life. I'm not even going to ask you for a baby. I'm going to be very easy to please this year. Thanks in advance...

5 comments:

  1. I felt like this about 2009 after my mom died (Ada was not even 3 months old). Just the mental switch of a new year was a relief. I hope 2012 is a great year for you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping hope that 2012 will bring you some really good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping 2012 is a much, much better year for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on GOODBYE to 2011! It was a tough year for my loved ones. But it is a new year and I plan on making it the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. Good riddance to 2011. What a shit year for so many of us! Try to keep positive, and give yourself lots of small things to look forward to despite the difficulties you're going through. Hope that things start falling into place for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!